Please Donate Now
Please make a donation today. Your personal contribution will help us strengthen and protect moms, babies, families and communities. Donating to the Coalition helps provide much needed services to pregnant women, children and families in Flagler and Volusia counties through the following programs and supports:
- Healthy Start Care Coordination
- Healthy Families
- Family Place Wraparound and Community Services
- Nurse Homevisiting
- Neonatal Outreach Services
- Women’s Intervention Services
- Fetal Infant Mortality Case Review Team/Community Action Group
The Healthy Start Coalition of Flagler and Volusia Counties, Inc. is a 501 c3 not-for-profit organization registered under s. 496.405 with the Florida Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services under # CH21052.
A copy of the official registration and financial information may be obtained from the division of consumer services by calling toll-free (800-435-7352) within the state. Registration does not imply endorsement, approval, or recommendation by the state.
Volunteer, Join a Committee, or Intern With Us
The Healthy Start Coalition of Flagler and Volusia Counties strives to improve the lives of moms, dads, babies and families. We cannot do this important work without your support. Whether it is the gift of your time or talent, together we make a rewarding difference. We welcome volunteers of all kinds.
- Board of Directors – New Board member applications are accepted annually between September through November. Individuals selected to join the Board are installed at the December meeting and terms begin immediately.
- Coalition Committee – Applications are received year-round.
- Finance & Administrative Oversight Committee – Applications are accepted year-round.
- Fetal & Infant Mortality Review Committees – Membership requires an orientation prior to participating.
- Homevisiting Advisory Board – The Homevisiting Advisory Board (HVAB) pulls together homevisiting programs that are jointly serving Volusia and Flagler counties to help coordinate efforts and support one another.
- Substance Exposed Newborn Taskforce Committee – The Substance Exposed Newborn (SEN) Taskforce Committee meets once every other month. Membership is open to interested persons.
- Bereavement Committee – This is an AD-hoc committee.
- Healthy Start also participates in a variety of community groups and committees. We may be able to help connect you to a volunteer group or committee that is of particular interest.
For more information on volunteer opportunities, contact us at 386-252-4277 or email Volunteer@Healthystartfv.org.
Are you looking for an internship opportunity?
Whether you are a graduate student, business major or pursuing studies in social work, an internship at the Healthy start Coalition of Flagler and Volusia Counties may be right for you.
We greatly appreciate the following colleges and universities for participating in the Healthy Start intern program: Bethune-Cookman University, Daytona State College, the University of Central Florida, Florida A&M University School of Allied Health Sciences and Western Governors University.
Call 386-252-4277 or email Volunteer@HealthyStartfv.org today to discuss coordinating your internship with us.