Be A Volunteer, Committee Member, Or Intern
The Healthy Start Coalition of Flagler and Volusia Counties strives to improve the lives of moms, dads, babies and families. We cannot do this important work without your support. Whether it is the gift of your time or talent, together we make a rewarding difference.
Call us at 386-252-4277 to inquire about volunteering.
You can do office work, assist at an event, become a parent leader, join a committee or help in some other way.
Our Committees Need Your Support
- Board of Directors – Applications are received during September through November, and new members are seated annually in January.
- Finance & Audit Committee – Applications are accepted year-round.
- Nominating & Governance Committee – This is only available for our officers of the Healthy Start Board.
- Executive Committee – This is only available for our officers of the Healthy Start Board.
- External Affairs Committee
- Fetal Infant Mortality Review (FIMR) Committees – Membership’s open but requires registration prior to preliminary meeting.
- SEN Taskforce Committee – The Substance Exposed Newborn (SEN) Taskforce Committee meets quarterly. Membership is open to interested persons.
- Bereavement Committee – This is an AD-hoc committee.
- We are also a participating partner in the TEARS Foundation’s Bereavement Community Action Group and would also welcome your support of this initiative.
Are you looking for an internship opportunity?
Whether you are a medical student, business major or pursuing studies in social work, an internship at the Healthy start Coalition of Flagler and Volusia Counties may be right for you.
We greatly appreciate the following colleges and universities for participating on the Healthy Start intern program: Bethune-Cookman University, Daytona State College, the University of Central Florida, Florida A&M University School of Allied Health Sciences Division of Health Care Management and Western Governors University.
Call 386-252-4277 today to see about coordinating your internship with us.