Mission & Goals
The Healthy Start Coalition of Flagler and Volusia Counties is a non-profit organization striving to unite people and resources at the local level in order to meet the needs of pregnant women, infants, young children and their families. We accomplish this by using shared resources to manage and coordinate the services of many programs, including: Healthy Start, MomCare and Healthy Families.
Our Coalition is governed by a Board of Directors, maintains various committees, and welcomes general memberships.
The mission of the Healthy Start Coalition of Flagler and Volusia Counties is to connect people and resources to support the needs and well-being of our families.
We believe that:
- Quality must be integral to all facets of Healthy Start activities.
- The Protective Factors framework is our overarching philosophy to promote every family’s ability to raise healthy and happy children and contribute to a strong community.
- All Healthy Start staff, volunteers, and partners must respect and value all cultures and commit to continuous improvement in our workforce’s understanding of diversity – in employees, clients and partners.
2017 – 2021 Goals (Five-Year Strategic Planning)
Click here to access our 2017 – 2021 Service Delivery Plan
In our service delivery area, which includes the geographic regions of Volusia and Flagler counties, the Coalition has set the following goals based on the findings of the 2016 needs assessment and service area resources assessment and inventory.
- Reduce the infant mortality rate to 4.5 or less.
- Reduce the black infant mortality rate to 4.5 or less.
- Reduce the low birth weight rate to 7.2% or less.
- Increase the first trimester entry into prenatal care rate to 85.0% or greater.
- Reduce the late or no entry into prenatal care rate to 3.6% or less.
- Increase the infant screening rate to 90.0% or greater.
- Maintain the prenatal screening rate at 97% or greater.
- Increase the prenatal screening rate of consent to 93% or greater.